In order for your property information to be removed from OJO Home, you must contact the previous listing agent or brokerage as only they can remove your listing from MLS. When successful, this will alert MLS to remove from their data feeds, removing your property from all real estate websites that show sold data, including OJO Home. We’ve outlined how to do this and what requirements must be met to remove the listing, below.
Step 1: Ownership and listing status requirements
- You must be the homeowner or legal representative of the home (e.g. listing agent, lawyer, or spouse.)
- The property must not be actively for sale. If it’s for sale and you haven’t signed an exclusive listing agreement with your real estate agent, then it will appear on the MLS and, therefore, on various websites. Contact your real estate agent if the property is not actively for sale or if you’d like to change how your home is being marketed.
Step 2: Finding which agent to contact
- Search for the property on OJOhome.ca.
- Find the "Description" section.
- At the bottom of the "Description" section, there is the name and brokerage that listed the property last.
- Google search the agent or brokerage for their contact information.
Step 3: Submit your request in writing
- Contact the agent or brokerage in writing and request that your property be removed and ask them to remove the listing from the MLS and internet display.
*Please note: OJO cannot guarantee permanent removal of your property from our website in the future. We pull housing information changes directly from public data or from the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). For example, if you list your property for sale, this information will be posted on MLS services. Since our data comes from that source, the property information will be displayed on our platform to potential buyers. Depending on location, the MLS will keep your property information up, even after the property has been sold, until you request for removal from the listing agent, listing brokerage, or directly from MLS.
Please sign in to leave a comment.